Hiking Guide and Llama Wrangler | Sage Lodge
Live your best life this summer! Come live and experience life in Montana with pack llamas, outdoors, adventure and more!
Montana Llama Guides seeks a Hiking Guide and Llama Wrangler for our Sage Lodge Llama program in Emigrant, MT. Must be interested and want to work with guests staying at Sage Lodge and visiting Yellowstone Country.
Day treks are on daily basis for 2.5 to 3 hours at 8:30am and 4pm May/June/September and 5pm July/August. Sunday and Wednesday evenings Llama Sundowner from 4pm-8pm plus custom times and days. Tuesday is a rest day on most occasions.
A typical day starts with an early morning rise to feed and water llamas. Preparation for the morning trip involves wrangling, brushing, saddling llamas and loading panniers to be ready to go at 8:15am. Usually back to Llama Camp at 12:00 to unsaddle and clean up. 3 hour break. Early evening shift is the same and llamas prepared and ready to go at 3:45pm or 4:45pm depending on month.
Learn more about our Llama Treks at Sage Lodge here – https://www.sagelodge.com/llama-trek.php
Llama Tour Guide and Wrangler requirements, qualifications and expectations:
- 21 years of age or older
- Customer service and client relations experience a must
- Have previous experience in customer service
- Livestock handling experience. Preferred not required
- Have exhibited the maturity to be an effective leader of participants and other staff
- Have knowledge and willingness to inform guests about Sage Lodge and surrounding Yellowstone Ecosystem. (That’s what guides do!)
- Daily interaction with guests and their summer activities and be able to book, schedule times and create custom trips.
- Must be able to use online booking software and accept payments along with selling merchandise.
- Plan and prepare to lead and guide day trips.
- Provide fresh water and food for the llamas everyday Some meal preparation/meal organization
- Hold basic front country first aid and CPR
- Knowledge of safe food handling and sanitation. Must hold current State of Montana Food Handler Training Certificate. Simple online course.
- Complete the Leave No Trace Awareness Online Course.
- Valid state issued drivers license
Salary and Pay:
Depending on Experience. Half and Full Day payouts. Great gratuities from guests!
Please apply by sending all inquiries with resume to email@example.com.
Montana Llama Guides, LLC is an outfitter & guide service using pack llamas as support for mountain adventures. We pride ourselves on providing a world class quality experience centered on multi day backcountry adventures, wilderness picnics, nature hikes, hunting & fly fishing trips, & DIY llama rentals.
Our vision is to guide and lead people into a healthy natural way of living. We want to make a positive impact by connecting people with nature – plants, animals, cultural and natural history along with providing healthy and nutritional meals.
We work to be a leader for protecting, preserving and conserving our resources and creating a safe and ethical work environment.